Apr. 19, 2012 — With the popularity of social media and electronic
contacts, many people feel that business cards have become obsolete. On
the contrary, business cards are more important today than ever.
Here are five things to think about when designing your next business card:
Marc Gordon is a professional speaker and marketing consultant.
- Your business card is a reflection on you and your company. A cheap looking card can have a negative impact on your image.
- Be sure to only include the social media links that you don't mind
your clients seeing. A personal Facebook page should be kept personal.
- Think about the stock it will be printed on. A card that feels
good to the touch will have a positive impact beyond just its
- If you want your photo on the card, make sure it's professionally taken and "photoshopped" as needed.
- Don't leave the back of your card blank. List your services, insert a QR code, or just make lines for writing notes.