July 14, 2011 - With less than five months to go, the excitement is
building for HortEast 2011, taking place at the Moncton Coliseum Complex
(Moncton, NB) on Nov. 21-23. There will be lots of new and exciting offerings at this years event including six “mix and match” pre-show workshops on Monday for landscape maintenance, landscape design, landscape construction, retail garden centre, and nursery professionals, as well as a demo area on the trade show floor on Tuesday and Wednesday that will include free hands on demonstrations for staff and owners alike.
“HortEast is your best way to connect with other industry professionals, to meet with suppliers across Canada and the US, and for company owners and their staff to get inspired and learn about trends and best practices from our top-notch speakers” states John Evans, President of Pro Care Lawn & Property Maintenance and Chair of the 2011 HortEast committee.
The 2011 Seminars and Workshops include:
· “Beyond the Visual: Thoughtful Project Design” Landscape Designers half day workshop with Randy Tumber (Tumber & Associates, Orangeville ON)
· “Toxicology, Agronomy, and Mineral vs. Organic Soils" Landscape Maintenance half day workshop with Glen Sampson (Nova Scotia Agricultural College, Truro NS)
· “Planning and Planting for all Seasons of Interest" Retail Garden Centre / Greenhouse Grower half day workshop with Paul Zammit (Toronto Botanical Garden, Toronto ON)
· “Building Naturalistic Landscapes & Water Features That Will Impact Your Clients Lives” Landscape Construction half day workshop with Randy Tumber (Tumber & Associates, Orangeville ON)
· “Maintaining Turf Without the Use of Pesticides - Issues and Challenges, and New Products Available for Pest Control" Landscape Maintenance half day workshop with Glen Sampson (Nova Scotia Agricultural College, Truro NS)
· “The changing relevancy of our industry to today's demographics" Retail Garden Centre / Greenhouse Grower half day workshop with Brian Minter (Minter Gardens, Chilliwack BC)
· "Maximizing the value of every minute in your day - Improved Time Management", "Improved Communications for Increased Profitability" and "Strategic Planning for the Green Industry" seminars with Daniel Tremblay (LMI Canada, Moncton NB)
· “Plants that Like Hot: Both Tender Treasures and Hardy Garden Perennials” seminar with Paul Zammit (Toronto Botanical Garden, Toronto ON)
· “Water features: Design & Construction Fundamentals” and “What it takes to win a National Award” seminars with Randy Tumber (Tumber & Associates, Orangeville ON)
· "Food gardening - where it's going and its huge potential" and “Value Adding” seminars with Brian Minter (Minter Gardens, Chilliwack BC)
· "Sustainable Environmental Practices – for landscape, construction, horticulture and agriculture" seminar with Rod Fry (Envirem Organics Inc., Fredericton NB)
· “New Air spade tree transplanting technology” seminar with Stan Kochanoff (Environova Planning Group Inc., Falmouth NS)
· “Is My Phone Smarter than Your Phone?” and “New Media Strategies for the Green Industry” seminars with Bill Hardy (Northwest Landscape & Stone Supply, Burnaby BC)
In addition to seminars, workshops and the trade show featuring 100 booths from industry suppliers across Canada and the U.S., many different networking events will take place including a welcome reception on Monday evening, a grand opening ceremony on Tuesday morning with entertainment, politicians and local media, and our regular Kitchen Party on Tuesday night – “there are so many opportunities to network, share information, and learn from industry experts at this years HortEast Conference and Trade Show – horticulture companies in Atlantic Canada cannot afford to miss this opportunity taking place in their own backyard” says HortEast Show Manager, Rebecca Doutre.
Delegate registration is now available! Visit www.horteast.ns.ca.